Skip to main content

Personal Training! Woohoo!

Well, this A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge isn't going as well as I had  hoped.  Shit.  The first 2 weeks were great, but now I have several reasons as to why I'm not doing so hot.  My number one reason: I'm freaking tired.  My real job (the thing I do when I leave the house to get a paycheck) has been very draining lately.  I'm utterly exhausted.  2 more weeks until tax season is over!

In my sadness about not accomplishing my April goals, I researched our local gyms and personal training services and booked a consultation with a trainer named Candace.  I'm quite excited about this.  I have taken a couple of weekend courses to educate myself in personal training, but I've never actually had a trainer...personally.

A friend asked today what my goals were with this new personal training adventure.  I first said "strength" and then said "toning".  Weight loss wasn't even on my list.  I considered that an accomplishment in itself.  I really don't NEED to lose weight.  I'm a very healthy weight for my height and age.  I'm excited to get build some muscle and feel strong!

 
What I picture Candace looking like during my consultation.


 
What Candace will probably look like.




Comments

  1. You've taken courses in personal training? - Hope the teacher can take the teaching, if you know what I mean. Someone called Candace just has to look like one of those girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, Candace has placed in body building competitions. I'm scared! ha ha! I took some weekend CLASSES I guess I should have said. I learned a lot, but then forgot it all. I think it's one of those things that you need to practice and DO all the time. I'm sure it will all come back to me throughout the training!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.