Skip to main content

Week 2

Week 2 went well.  A few ups and downs.  


How it went down:


Monday: Swimming day....sort of.  I only did 25 lengths and then fell into the hot tub.

Tuesday:  Awesome 3 mile!!  Ran it in my fastest time yet.  Legs were a bit sore, but I felt great!

Wednesday: Great swim!  Went with a different friend and raced 30 lengths!

Thursday: The plan was 5 miles, was goal was 6, reality was 4.  My knee wasn't feeling the greatest and I thought I best take it easy opposed to pushing myself for one more mile and not being able to do the long run.

Friday: Rest Day!

Saturday: 9 miles!  Went well.  Definitely need to look into energy gels and supplements.  The first six miles were amazing.  I was on fire!  Daydreaming of the big day and the entire world cheering me on.  And then I totally crashed.  Mile 7 was BRUTAL.  I jumped off the treadmill and rifled through my bag until I found a crappy, old energy gel.  It was disgusting and I kind of wanted to spit it out all over the gym floor, BUT I kept it down and miles 8 and 9 were achievable!!




Looking forward to Week 3! (Mainly because the long run is only 6 miles.....)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

Drunken Jenga

My husband and I are avid game players, as well as avid drinkers.  What could possibly be better than turning Jenga into a drinking game? Making the game takes a little bit of time.  Each block needs an instruction.  The rules below allow for 3 blocks of each rule, with 3 blank blocks.  You can leave the last 3 blank, pick your 3 favorite rules to use again, or make up 3 completely random rules!  Try to use a permanent pen that doesn't bleed too much.  Write in large block letters.  Once you have the blocks all written out, you're ready for Drunken Jenga!  Rules of Drunken Jenga

Feel the burn.

B is no longer for beer and I'm sad   I really should have thought this theme through a little bit more.  Words that start with B and are relative to my "commit to fit" challenge aren't the easiest to come by.  I've decided to go with " burn "  because I am already feeling it!! On Saturday I decided to terrorize exercise my core and upper body after my run.  DOMS set in late on Sunday and after an intense work out tonight, I dread laughing.    My commit to be fit challenge will include 3-4 strength training sessions per week in addition to my half marathon training program.  It's time to feel the burn !  Can you feel it?