Skip to main content

Drinking > Running

Ugh...what a week.  Not a good week.  A very drunk week instead.  I've been dealing with a lot of personal things lately and this week it all really affected me.

Monday: Supposed to swim.  Partner couldn't go.  Drank wine instead.

Tuesday: Uhhhhh....see this post.  Drank wine instead.

Wednesday:  Amazing swim!  Could totally do an Ironman.  First Day of Squat Challenge (20 squats)

Thursday:  Hubby worked incredibly late, depressed about Valentine's Day (I get depressed on EVERY holiday.  Don't even mention my birthday).  Second day of Squat Challenge (25 squats).  Drank wine instead.

Friday:  SO tired.  Squats are kicking my ass....literally.  Ran 11 miles.  3rd day of SC (30 squats)

They weren't an easy 11 miles.  In fact, my long run this week was the hardest run of my life.  I've never been that mentally detached from a run ever in my life.  Finishing it felt like the biggest victory of my life.  I should have a medal for that run.  I had a bottle of merlot instead!!!



Whenever I'm feeling down, I like to make a list of what I have to look forward to. 

  • Mud Hero - best hungover run you could ever do!!
  • Dinosaur run!  Taking my biggest little man this year!!
  • My MARATHON!!  I can't wait to cross that finish line.
  • MEXICO!  We're taking our boys in November.
  • Visiting my sister in Vancouver in July!
  • Summer!  My ass is going to look amazing after all of these effing squats!!!

Comments

  1. What is this squat challenge you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure who devised it, but it's a set number of squats each day for 31 days (I think it was originally a month long challenge). A friend challenged me to it, I accepted!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.