Skip to main content

A moment of brilliance!

My decision to keep two blogs going has quickly changed.  I'm focusing solely on The Drunk Runner, mainly because it has a way better name.  I'm only moving over a couple of posts from the other one and only to have things make more sense to me.

Here's the short version of how the past 3 months have gone:  listed house, sold house, found new house, moved, and happy!

We are now 1 1/2 hours closer to where my husband works and everything is going great.  I'll post a bit later about our choice of home, but the short version is that we decided to downsize and bank some serious cash.  So far, so good.  I didn't think I would be using the word "downsize" until my kids were long gone and our grandchildren were too busy to visit.  And I definitely didn't expect to be doing it when my kids were only 6 and 8.  I have to admit that it's been a lot easier than I expected it to be.  So far, our challenges have been easily defeated.

As small as it sounds, one our/MY biggest challenges has been figuring out what to do with our pup's (Rhett's) kennel.  We kennel trained Rhett from Day 1.  She was a farm dog and had some not so appealing habits (that were not the easiest to break) so she was taught that her kennel was her safe place and she goes into it quite willingly.  In our old home, finding a spot for the kennel was not an issue.  We had tried it in the 4th bedroom, the dining room, the living room, and the den. She was content anywhere, just as long as she knew we were close.

"But I just want to sleep with you...."

In our new home, her options were the living room.  The living room that is so small as it is. Incorporating the kennel was not easy.  At first we had the idea to encase the kennel and create a side table.  Rhett isn't small and neither is the kennel, so this thing was going to take up quite a bit of room.  We had a plan and were going to follow through when I found this on costco.ca:


Berkshire Comfort End Table Pet Den

I figured that was the best option so I ordered it.  I checked the status of my order two days later and saw that it was cancelled.  I'm not sure why, but I'm going to assume because my credit card information hadn't been updated to our new address.

ANYWAYS.....

I then came up with a BRILLIANT idea....

Our new home doesn't have a basement, but it does have a crawl space.  The access to this crawl space is in our dining room and looked like this:


A couple deck boards and a table saw later, it now looks like this:





And after the table was put back where it belongs, it looks like this:



Smart I am, right?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.