Skip to main content

Week 2 Day 2

Last night I completed my second "Monday" workout.  It wasn't nearly as difficult as I found it last week and I believe there are a few reasons for that:

1) I did not run 3 miles before I attempted the routine (introducing my inner over achiever)
2) I now have adequate nutrition (Dear God, let's hope as I'm eating 1600 calories a day)
3) Maybe, just maybe, I'm a little bit stronger after only one week of being back in the gym (No?  Shut up, yes I am)

So after nailing my working out and staying very on track (other than the 2 bottles of wine Big G and I consumed on Saturday night), I decided that today would be a good day to step on the scale and see if I've lost any weight.  Err......hmmmm.....starting weight was 143 and after a week and half of the new nutrition and exercise plan, my weight is now 145.4......it's not working.

Or is it?  

I feel better.  I have more energy.  I can't grab as much of my love handles as I could last month.  I feel like my fat is less jiggly and that I might be retaining some type of tone to my muscles, so I did some research and came across this article by Chalene Johnson.  My friend Randa from The Betwitchin' Kitchen idolizes Chalene Johnson and I have to agree that this girl knows her shit, so I completely trust this article.  The basics of the article is that my body needs time to adjust to my new fitness regime.  My muscles are screaming in terror at what I'm doing to them and are therefore retaining fluid to help repair themselves.  I quite respect my muscles, so I will allow them to do this.  The water that they are retaining is what is causing this "weight gain".  My check-ins with my trainer are on the 12th and 26th of this month.  I'm going to try to stay off of the scale until then so I don't psych myself out to much!

PS.  Check out my new bad-ass signature!






post signature

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.