Skip to main content

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to all my drunk runner friends!  I hope you all had a safe and happy night last night.  Big G and I kept it low key around here; we weren't really feeling the big hoop-la of it all.  Nonetheless, we had a great time playing some games with friends and then finished the night off to sounds of fireworks (sounds, as we weren't exactly sure where the fireworks were coming from) in our glorious hot tub!

So, as always, it's resolution time.  January first could be defined as the biggest Monday of the year: time to start with new goals, and purge the bad habits.  My goals aren't all that new.  Same goals, different strategy.

I had a life goal to be in the best shape of my life for my 30th birthday.  That goal was not reached....at all....not even close.  I accidentally forgot to try......

So I developed a new goal to be in the best shape of my life for my 30s and I'm on my way.  When say "on my way", what I really mean is that I'm on Day 6, but hey, it's a start, right?!

I bought myself a Christmas gift this year: a personal trainer.  This gal has worked wonders with her clients and I'm eager to see what she can do with my old, flabby self!  I can't give you much for details yet, as I'm not really sure what our disclosure agreement is, but once I figure that out, I'll keep all (3) of my readers in the loop with how it's going! 

Let's just hope that this doesn't happen again:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

Drunken Jenga

My husband and I are avid game players, as well as avid drinkers.  What could possibly be better than turning Jenga into a drinking game? Making the game takes a little bit of time.  Each block needs an instruction.  The rules below allow for 3 blocks of each rule, with 3 blank blocks.  You can leave the last 3 blank, pick your 3 favorite rules to use again, or make up 3 completely random rules!  Try to use a permanent pen that doesn't bleed too much.  Write in large block letters.  Once you have the blocks all written out, you're ready for Drunken Jenga!  Rules of Drunken Jenga

Feel the burn.

B is no longer for beer and I'm sad   I really should have thought this theme through a little bit more.  Words that start with B and are relative to my "commit to fit" challenge aren't the easiest to come by.  I've decided to go with " burn "  because I am already feeling it!! On Saturday I decided to terrorize exercise my core and upper body after my run.  DOMS set in late on Sunday and after an intense work out tonight, I dread laughing.    My commit to be fit challenge will include 3-4 strength training sessions per week in addition to my half marathon training program.  It's time to feel the burn !  Can you feel it?