Skip to main content

Lost and Found




I came across this quote that was posted by Run The Edge.  I think it can be interpreted a few different ways.  It spoke to me as I do feel that I am losing myself while on this journey to my marathon.  I'm losing my happiness, I'm losing my relationships with my family and friends, and I'm losing my sanity. 
I was sitting in my hot tub before my long run on Sunday, contemplating what I need to do to bring my life back to how great it was before the chaos of training started.  To get back to having control over my kids, having a strong relationship with my husband, and having the time and energy for everyone else in my life.  I weighed out the pros and cons of shifting from the full marathon back to the half marathon.

Pros:

 more time with family
 more time to complete necessary tasks
 less stress
 increased happiness 
 can chase Alicia to the finish line


Cons:
   
I won't be able to say I've ran a marathon
 I will lose $10 downgrading my race entry


The list makes it pretty clear.

So while I've lost myself in the past few weeks while training, I've also found myself.  I thought I would feel defeat, but I feel hopeful instead!  Perhaps now I can answer questions of how I am or what I am doing with something other than a numerical value!

So here's to running, Caesars, and happiness!  Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.