Skip to main content

I feel fat and out of shape

It's time to get it together!  I took an almost two week hiatus from running due to having the flu and then a terrible cold.  I'm still not 100%, but I'm good enough to get back into it. 

I was supposed to do my 9 mile run yesterday, but I was far too hungover wasn't quite feeling it, so I opted to postpone it until Sunday.  This run was hard.  Mainly because it was my first run getting back into it.


My 9 miles today took me just over 95 minutes.  Not too bad.  I felt that I walked a lot of it, but I suppose I didn't really if I completed it only 5 minutes longer than my goal time.  My goal is to run steady 10 minute miles for race day.  I haven't decided yet if I feel that this goal is attainable or not. 

Next week my miles really get into the double digits.  14 miles on Saturday.  This will be the longest run that I have ever done.  Ever.  I need a plan for it.  I'm bored out of my mind with my treadmill and my music and everything else that is in my home gym.  Unfortunately, in our small town, hogging a treadmill at the community gym for over 2 hours is completely unacceptable and, in all honesty, I don't really want to run there anyways.  My options will be my own treadmill or outside.  And right now my backyard looks like this:


I'm sure you can imagine what the trails and streets are like.


I'm going to move where my treadmill is and perhaps find a movie that I have never seen to watch during these 14 miles.  

Please, if you have any suggestions on how to make this less dreadful, comment below and help me out!!




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.