Skip to main content

Mind, you are an alcoholic.

Week 1 is done and therefore I should have reached all my goals, right?

Well I feel like I should have.  Week 1 was good.  Week 1 was fairly easy.  I ate right, I trained right, and therefore I should have lost the 12 pounds that I want to lose and should be good to go for this marathon in May!  

Ha!  If only is was that easy. 

Now I'm on Week 2 and my mind is already slipping back into it's old ways...... 'Sure you can eat a chocolate bar every day, you're running 18 miles this week'........'Of course you can have a few glasses of red wine while you cook supper.  You won't be able to run until at least 8 anyways'......'You might as well get drunk after your run.  You've burned off all the calories already'

GO AWAY MIND!  You are wrong.  And an alcoholic  You are a wrong alcoholic.

I have to go and get my little 3 miler in before my mind takes over and I end up a slobbering mess trying to find the auto-pilot button on the treadmill.



I should probably get a breath-a-lizer for my treadmill.





Comments

  1. I'm going to have to bunk with you so we can give each other shit "Put that F*cking box of crackers away". I can hear it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll just have to start stalking your MFP and yelling at you that way.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.