Skip to main content

The SnowFlake Necklace.



Yet again my blog has been left unattended to for days and days and days.....

I have nothing to write that is running or drinking related.  I do have a funny story to share though!!


Background story: 
The first year that my husband and I were together, he bought me a heart locket for Christmas.

The second year that my husband I were together, he bought me a heart locket for Christmas.

The third year......get it???  Okay....



So THIS year (year 12), our local jewellery store places their annual flyer on our door.  In it I find a snowflake necklace that I LOVE!!!

I bring the flyer to the dining room table and show my 2 boys, 5 and 7, and my husband my deepest Christmas desires.

I then explain, kindly, to my children that mommy doesn't really like hearts and to keep that in mind for future presents.  Stars, diamonds, and, especially, snowflakes are great though!!

We finish our supper and proceed with our evening plans of grocery shopping.

After we're done at the store, we drive around to look at Christmas lights.  I felt this was the perfect time to question whether or not my family understand my Christmas needs for this year.  



This is the conversation:

Me:  Hey guys, do you remember what Mommy wants for Christmas?

Reid (7): A snowflake necklace.
 
George ( the husband): A heart locket......right Heath???
 
Heath (5): ................Shut yer face, Dad.
 
Me: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.
Best night ever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.