Skip to main content

In pain and with kitten.

I was 5 weeks and 5 days post-op when I felt that I could run again!  I wanted to run sooner, but complications with my recovery prevented me from doing so.  

I hurt.  No, I really effing hurt.

It's been 6 weeks since my last run and my thighs and core are acting like they've never seen a treadmill before.  Maybe I pushed myself a little.  Maybe.  Ok, I did.  I ran full pace for 30 minutes and only stopped because I had to get ready for work.  Thankfully.  I fear I would have ran a 1/2 marathon before I stopped and then I wouldn't even be able to walk to the computer to type this post for you to read.  My inner thighs are so tender that I don't even want to cross my legs, and my core threatens to tear apart every time I cough or laugh.  I definitely did not expect this.

I am intending on running again tomorrow morning.  Going for 40 minutes this time!  Maybe...

There's one other complication.

I decided to get a kitten.  A really cute kitten that totally supports (and shares) my drunken tendancies.

 See?

The only problem is that the the kitten meows ALL the time.  All day and all night.  I love her and I know that this will stop, but her current 'meowy meowy' is not doing any wonders for my sleep.  (And, yes, I've tried talking to her in an Italian accent.)  She finally settled around 3:30 this morning which made the 5:45am wake up for my run call completely unwelcome.  I shut off the alarm and slept until 7:15 which meant that I went to work unshowered.  I did not care.

My hopes for tomorrow are to run for 45 minutes while listening to my newly downloaded Slacker Radio!

Seriously, though, isn't she cute??!!

 Currently known as "Penelope".


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.