Skip to main content
It feels like it has been FOREVER since I have written a blog post.....and it has.  Sorry to all of you 28 subscribers.  I've let you down.  What has my life been like lately?  Work.  That's right.  Just work.  Way way way too much work!  But no more of that.  I'm back to working my 2 days a week that I had been hired for and life is starting to feel slightly more normal (in that I have way more time to come up with excuses of why I can't work out and have to watch Netflix instead).

We got a new puppy!  His name is Duke and he is super sweet and wonderful!  We've had him for just over a month and he's grown a little in that time.  If you don't know dog breeds, Duke is a Great Dane.  He spends the majority of his day sleeping on our couch and stealing my shoes.  I appreciate his lazy lifestyle.  It's been fitting in well with mine.  We try to go for frequent walks.  I have to bribe him with treats to get him to the "outside" where is it is very scary and cold.  I'm quite sure he consumes more calories than he burns off.  I'm going to bombard you with pictures of his cuteness now!


The first day we met Duke.



Claiming his spot on the couch.

Learning how to "lay down".


Mastered "sit"!



Our other exciting news is that we bought a cabin in the summer!  And we love, love, LOVE it!  We spent every night possible out there this summer.  It's a perfect home away from home!  It's in a very quiet area and is only a 5 minute walk to the beach!  I'm going to bombard you with pictures of our cabin now!

 Welcome to Casa DeVries!

The beach with it's AWESOME sand!

Heaven!

The back yard and the fire pit 
that never had the chance to get cold.

Maiden Voyage!


As you can see, there's been a very good reason why I've been MIA this time.  I can't promise that I'll be back on to post regularly, but you might see me here a little more often now that things have settled down!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Drunken Jenga

My husband and I are avid game players, as well as avid drinkers.  What could possibly be better than turning Jenga into a drinking game? Making the game takes a little bit of time.  Each block needs an instruction.  The rules below allow for 3 blocks of each rule, with 3 blank blocks.  You can leave the last 3 blank, pick your 3 favorite rules to use again, or make up 3 completely random rules!  Try to use a permanent pen that doesn't bleed too much.  Write in large block letters.  Once you have the blocks all written out, you're ready for Drunken Jenga!  Rules of Drunken Jenga