Skip to main content

Welcome back!

How is it almost November already?!  This year has been a whirlwind.  So much has happened way too fast.  

Time to sloooooowwwww it down......

I just finished reading an article about how to get back into running.  I haven't had a real run since July.  I think I really needed the break, both mentally and physically.  I think it's time to pour the wine in a sippy cup and jump back on the treadmill.


Let's go!


I don't really have a plan.  Not yet anyways!  I'd like to get back into the gym 'old school style' which I used to love: cardio followed by strength training.  I sort of quit doing this and started with the workout dvds and yoga.  Both of which I got bored with very quickly....

I want to build up my miles again and get myself in gear for half marathon training come the new year.  I'm going to run the Woody's Half Marathon, the Dinosaur 5km, and Mud Hero for sure in 2014.  I'l like to try some new races as well, like the October run in Victoria and maybe the half in Vegas in November! 

 Any suggestions for some other runs?  Anyone want to join me?




Comments

  1. lol--the cup does indeed, rock. Good luck with this....I strength train and have a heavy bag, that's about it. Perhaps I don't care for running as it seems you're going somewhere...when you're really not?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.