Skip to main content

I'm a Yogi.

In my August 29th post, I had stated what my goals were to get my health and fitness back on track.
  1. Eat clean everyday!
  2. Complete every workout in Focus T25 (I start on September 2)
  3. Run 10 miles a week.
  4. Spend more quality time with my family.
  5. Prepare lunches and clothing  for the kids the night before.

It wasn't nearly as easy as I thought it would be.  I knew I shouldn't bother trying to make too big of changes over the long weekend, especially because we were away from home.  It took me a good week after that to get my "diet" (I hate that word) back on track.  My head is back in the game and I'm feeling so much better already!

Exercise wise, it's been a lot harder...
I completely Week 1 of Focus T25 and absolutely hated every single one of the 25 minute work outs.  I'm trying to tell myself that the more I do it, the more I"ll enjoy it. Especially because of the success that Randa has had with it!  I do find that I enjoy the "kickboxing/martial arts" type moves significantly more so I did order a video to teach me more of that!  This week (week 2) has not been going so well.  On Sunday, our entire family ran in the Drumheller Dinosaur 5Km race (I hope to post about this by the end of the week) and then hiked the valley's around Drumheller.  That's pretty much been my only exercise this week.  

On Monday, I decided to attend a lunch hour Yoga class.  I've never Yoga'd before so this was a pretty big step for me to do....alone.  I loved it!  I called on Monday afternoon and signed up for the session.  So now I am a Yogi on Mondays and Wednesdays during my lunch hour until mid-December.

Where I'm at with my goals right now:

      1. Killing it!
      2. Not killing it.
      3.There just isn't enough time....yet!
      4. Dinosaur Run, hello?!?!?
      5. I deserve an Awesome Mom medal!!  


From what I have accomplished of my goals these past couple of weeks has helped me drop my weight a few pounds and has made putting on jeans a little less scary.

Here's a picture of our boys after the DinoRun:


I think they look a wee bit proud of their accomplishment!



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! My goals used to consist of a lot of numbers that, a lot of the time, seemed unreachable. I'm glad I've changed my way of thinking!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.