Skip to main content

Spork.

Boo!  I'm back.  

I've been a little MIA.  My stupid depression hit crazy hard this summer and it took me quite a while to get it under control.  I'm finally getting my shit together after figuring out a few things that I need to do to simplify some of the things in my life.  Things are going much better now!  I have a few appointments coming up to help determine what I can do to get this under control more long term.  Oh....the battle....

So, one of the things that I decided to do make life simpler was to only focus on this one blog: The Drunk Runner.  I really don't have the time or desire anymore to have 4 different blogs running with 4 different topics, so now you're going to get them all here!  Yay for you!  Most of my content on my other "blogs" is rather pointless and contains a lot of venting, but some of them are rather funny.  While going through them, I came across this and thought I would share it with you.  I had started a blog to rant about my husband....in a funny way.  I hope you can find the comedy that I do in this following post from "Get Sporked".

Enjoy.  

(PS. If you are still in the stage of your relationship that you will willingly walk into the bathroom that your husband had been in for the past 45 mintues, this post is not for you.  Carry on.)



Laundry


While I was sitting at the lunch table at work today with my spinning head and fevered body, the girls started on a rant about husbands and laundry.  Complaints about husbands not wanting to part with particular clothing items, husbands not folding laundry, husbands not knowing where the soap goes.  I couldn't stop myself from breaking out in hysterical, slightly psychotic, completely unnecessary laughter.  Sorry girls, but my husband wins.  My husband who hasn't thrown an article of clothing out ever and gets mad at me when I completely accidentally cut his old shirts up for rags. 



The one that will intentionally fuck up laundry so he I won't ask him to do it again.  The guy that has almost completely ruined the dryer because he's too  lazy to fold the clothes that are in it so he just throws another load of wet ones on top of them.  Ah, yes, my darling, husband.  My absolute favorite of his tricks was when he'll fold the first quarter of the laundry basket and then just set the folded clothes on top of the unfolded clothes and call it done.  Because I would never know.  Never.  



 I can handle this stupidity, I've lived with it for years.  I was fully aware of it when I attended our $250 wedding (this post is yet to come).

The part that makes me want to stab him in the eye with a spork the most is not the fact that he does these ridiculously stupid things, but the fact that he a) thinks he's going to get away with it and b) thinks its hysterically funny when he doesn't. 

One day buddy, one day....

Comments

  1. Lol it makes me giggle. I love your candid nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today, I went to the beach with my kids. I found a sea
    shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She put the shell to her ear and screamed.
    There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
    She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but I
    had to tell someone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.