Skip to main content

Family Fun on a Run!

It's been a super long time since I've ran due to simply not wanting to several reasons.  With the weather finally getting nice around here and the kids being done school, I figured I'd give it a shot with me running and them on their bikes.  The kids were super stoked to go!  My oldest has "ran" with me for a couple of years and absolutely loves it!  This was the first time that the small one was able to come.  He finally parted with his training wheels, so he was ready to ride and keep up to mom!  To my complete surprise, another member of the family wanted to join us: my husband! 

My husband/Big G has never really been all that interested in fitness.  He sailed through his 20s on his incredible man metabolism and good looks, but now that he's freaking old in his 30s, he's noticing that his wife is a lot hotter then him and it's time for him to do something to keep himself looking like he works out.



I was totally impressed with how well he did on our run.  We kept a 10 minute mile pace and ran 5 and 1s.  (Run 5 minutes, walk 1 minute).  He did awesome!!  I was so proud of him for pushing through to 5km!!

The boys were absolutely incredible on their bikes as well.  They can, of course, bike a lot faster that we can run, but they waited for us at the end of each trail and then we all crossed the intersections together.  It was a very proud family activity for me!  I treated the kids, and my husband, by looping back home and running past the spray park.  The kids loved riding their bikes through the water.  I think Big G would have laid down in the water if he knew he wouldn't have become a human bike ramp.

I went again the next evening with a friend, and the kids on their bikes.  We were almost at the 2 mile mark when my husband showed up on his bike!  I am seriously SO proud of him for wanting to be more active!  Fitness is always something that I've done alone.  I'm sure there will be some challenges, but doing it as a family will be so much fun!  Not only are we going to be staying strong and healthy together, we're going to teach our children that being active is our lifestyle and will, hopefully, become theirs when they are older as well!



My super amazingly cute kids!!


Me and Big G!


Comments

  1. Haha, I think it's cute you call him Big G.

    Also, funniest post I've read in a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Let me know when your vlog is live and I'll pop over to visit!!!

      Delete
  2. That photo of you and Big G is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! Thanks! I wanted to post a summer pic of us, but we're drunk in all of them and look like crap! ha ha!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kick Ass.

  Day 11, Letter K, and almost 5 pounds gone!  I'm kicking ass at my A-Z Commit to be Fit Challenge!!   I'm quite certain that the next 5 pounds are going to be quite a bit tougher than the first 5, but I'm willing to do the work.

No to Negativity.

There's really no other way to describe this week so far than to refer to it as crappy.  It's a crappy week.  We had a ton of snow on the weekend that has decided to stick around ( it's April damn it ....I JUST WANT TO RUN OUTSIDE), I'm in a super bitchy mood, awful things are happening all over the world, my family is coming down with some type of  illness, and I'm losing motivation for both the A-Z Challenge and my Commit to be Fit Challenge.  Everything is just plain crappy. So N is for Negativity.  I feel negative...and crappy.

Good choices.

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope your week is a good one! We're on Letter G for the A-Z Challenge, and my commit to be fit post is about making good choices. Making good choices isn't always easy for me.  Mainly, because I'm usually really drunk and not thinking about what's best for me in the long run. You're probably thinking that I'm talking about making good diet choices and, of course, I am, but they aren't the only choices that need to be made when choosing to live a fit and healthy lifestyle.   Nutrition and diet choices are, actually, probably the easiest of all them all.